I have been pretty busy myself. We are working on a new church directory and that has kept me busy plus trying to clean the house from top to bottom. That could take a while! I've also been trying to volunteer at the schools a little. I think that my involvement will help Matthew adjust.
This coming week is going to be another busy one. Our church has an "Old Tyme Camp Meeting" once a year. We have preaching each morning and night and preachers are called from the floor without knowing ahead of time! This type of thing requires alot of prayer ahead of time and all during the week. Especially for the Pastors. The host Pastor has to pray about who to call on the preach and the visiting Pastors have to be prayed up and prepared to preach. It's a busy but good week, as long as we don't allow the busyness outweigh the worship part of it!
It's funny how that has been on my mind this past week. I was riding in the car the other day (actually I should say truck since I am currently driving a Dodge Ram!), when on the radio the preacher was talking about Mary and Martha. I don't know how many times I've heard that story and the message behind it. But for some reason, that day it struck my heart and I realized that alot of times I am just like Martha. The thing is that we are very busy being "servants" and doing the work of the Lord, but, Jesus told Martha in this part of scripture that worship was the most important thing! Without the worship, the service don't mean much. As a matter of fact Jesus said that worship is the one thing that is "needful". Then this morning during our first camp meeting service the message was on, guess what?, worship! So, I reckon the Lord is trying to tell me something here. I am going to make it a point to start everyday worshipping the Lord first thing! Service to the Lord is a good thing, but sometimes we get so caught up in "doing" that we forget about the one thing that is needful!
"And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."
Luke 10:41-42
"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
No comments:
Post a Comment