Well, well, well...
It's been a little while! I just realized it has been way too long since I've posted anything on my blog. I usually feel the need to blog when a big change comes about in my life so I guess that is why I'm blogging now. Not that I don't have plenty to write about any other time, I just really feel the need now to put my thoughts down.
So, the big change? After homeschooling for the past 2 years, my son decided that he was ready to go back to public school. Today is his first day back. He was extremely nervous but I feel that he is ready for this. He has shown so much growth and maturity the past few months. I am so proud of him. The fact that he came to this decision on his own and that a year ago, (even a few months ago) he wouldn't step foot in that school. He didn't come to this decision lightly. He has been thinking about it for a while. One day he and I were talking and he said some things that made me realize he is probably ready to be back in the public school setting and be around other kids. He went back and forth on it and I think he even wished at times that he had never said anything about it. But, I do feel deep down that this will be good for him. I guess he is tired of being with just Mom all day long! Can ya blame him?
So, now I've got some extra time on my hands. Well, it's not like I can't find anything to do. This house could use a good scrubbing, I've started making home made wreaths out of grapevines, the dog needs a bath.... But, I do miss my buddy. We have had some pretty good times the past couple of years hanging out together. We've had some rough days too, but I choose to forget about those!
I am anxious to see how his day went and I am praying that Jesus is walking with him through that school. I'm sure that I'm going to be questioning whether or not this was for the best, but I just keep praying to God for peace and He gives it to me when I need it! I'm so thankful I have a Father that cares so much for me and my family!
"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
No comments:
Post a Comment