Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Well, long time no see! I've been so busy I haven't taken much time to blog. We've had a great summer. Next week school starts back. I am sad that I've got to send Lily to school all day but I'm excited to get started with Matthew's classes. He starts the following week. I rearranged his room yesterday to be more "study friendly".

Anyways, the real reason I am blogging today is because I am really disturbed by the hatred shown to Mr. Dan Cathy, owner of Chick Fil A. In case you've been living under a rock or something and haven't heard about it, Dan Cathy was giving an interview to the Baptist Press and when he was questioned on his views of marriage it seemed to outrage the gay community. All he said was this: "We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. "We operate as a family business ... our restaurants are typically led by families; some are single. We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that," Cathy emphasized. You can read the rest of the article here http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=38271

It's not a secret that the Cathy family are Christians and they run their business as a Christian business. They are closed on Sundays. They are a very well run restaurant. The food is really good. The customer service is better than any other fast food chain that I've been in.

But, because he (as all other American's) has an opinion on traditional marriage vs gay marriage he has been ostracized. Some city's have even stated that they would not allow Chick Fil A into their city because of this. (Which, by the way, is unconstitutional) He is being called a hater and a bigot because of his Christian beliefs. Well, I guess I should expect that. Jesus was called a lot of things too as well as beaten and persecuted.

The Gay community has declared today as Anti Chick Fil A Day and is encouraging people not to eat at Chick Fil A today as a boycott. Well, in return, former Governor, Mike Huckabee has declared August 1st as Chick Fil A Day and is encouraging all Christians and believers of free speech to eat at Chick Fil A on August 1st. Our ladies prayer group that meets on Wednesdays is going to go together to eat at Chick Fil A for lunch tomorrow. Our nearest Chick Fil A is 30 minutes away but I am more than willing to travel that distance to show support for a fellow Christian who is taking a stand for his beliefs and not backing down from what the Bible says. Thank God there are people out there still willing to do that.  

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Revelation 22:20



 
"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

No comments: