Thursday, October 2, 2008

Catching up....

Well, I know it has been a while since I have blogged. I have been a very busy bee. Between school work, house work, church and my 40-hour-a-week-job, I haven't had much time to do anything! As a matter of fact, I'm blogging from work right now!

So, last weekend our church held a "lock-in" for the youth (ages 8 and up). I'm not as young as I used to be! Thank the Lord we did have a "bed" time in which the boys and girls separated and layed down to go to sleep. And believe it or not, they actually did eventually go to sleep. So, I got about 3 hours of sleep on the nursery floor! LOL I still haven't recovered from that! But, everyone had a great time and we had alot of adult chaperones. Thank the Lord for people with a heart for youth.

I have been trying to play catch up all week with my school work. I've been a day or two behind on everything, but hopefully I will get everything caught up tonight.

Next week we will be on vacation. We are going to Florida to visit some family that we have not seen in a long time and may not get to see again. My great-aunt is not in good health and she is a very special lady who I can't wait to see again. While in Florida we will be close to Orlando and no, we won't be going to Disney World this year (maybe next year). But, we are planning to go to a place called the Holy Land Experience. It is a theme park set up as the Holy Land and I've heard it is an awesome experience. We also plan to go to a zoo near Orlando. I think the kids will really have a good time and I can't wait to just get away. My mom, my husband and I really need a vacation right now!!!

We do have some sad news to report. Bryan's cousin is in the hospital in a coma and today the family will have to decide whether or not to take her off of life support. The doctor's have said that if she lives she will be like this the rest of her life (no brain activity, not breathing on her own, and using a feeding tube). She has three chidren, 19, 12 and 4. It is a very sad situation. Please keep that family in your prayers.

So, I guess that is all that is going on in my life right now. That is enough! LOL They say the Lord won't give you more than you can handle-I just wish he didn't trust me so much!

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on vacation.
Keep your head up.
Love Always,
April