Sunday, May 2, 2010

A funny thing happened at church tonight. As the choir was coming to their seats, I stepped to the back to get some water. While I did that, a friend of mine went to the door, opened it and was talking to someone out on the porch. I wondered who she was talking to, I heard her say "What are y'all doing?" and then I heard her say "Well, y'all need to come in here!". LOL Then, in came two teenage boys who are known in the community for causing trouble. They went to the bathroom to wash up and I stayed in the back to make sure they did come into the church. It turns out they were going to wait on the porch until church was over to talk to my husband about something. But, she didn't give them a choice about waiting on the porch, she told them where they needed to be! And surprisingly, they listened! You go girl! LOL I told her that after church. How many people would've shunned them boys or would've said y'all need to go on down the road? It could be for the way they were dressed or for their reputations, but either way alot of people might not have wanted them there. The fact is, my friend was right, in that church hearing the word of God preached is where they needed to be. Thankfully she wasn't afraid to tell them that and thankfully they were respectful and they came in. By the way, the sermon tonight was on the temptations we face from the devil!

(As another friend of mine would say: "Now, just look at God!")

2 comments:

appie said...

who are you talking about.
Love,
April

Unknown said...

Um, DUH! You! Ha, ha!