Sunday, January 10, 2010

My heart is a little heavy this evening for my family. Without going into alot of details, just know that innocent people are being hurt very deeply. With that said, I have had this subject on my heart for a very long time:

Raising children is a job not to be taken lightly. Unfortunately there are so many people out there raising their children without Christ. My husband touched on this in his morning message. But, there are so many families raising children without stepping foot in church. Then when their children are about grown, they wonder where they went wrong. You need Jesus people! Family was created by God and we are commanded to place God at the head of our families. A family and a marriage will never work without Christ. So many families and homes are broken because they did not have the firm foundation of Jesus Christ. I've seen this up close and personal in my own family. For example: Two people who aren't married have sex. When the girl/woman winds up pregnant the two people decide to get married. They raise the children (without Christ) and wind up resenting each other. (This is basically children raising children.) They get divorced and innocent children are caught in the middle. The adults are so selfish they never think about what it is doing to the children. It gives them issues that will have to be dealt with years down the road. Even with two parents who love their children very much, it is hard for the children to understand what is going on and it is traumatizing to them.

I am not saying that all marriages that end in divorce are because of premarital sex. This is just one of the ways I've seen marriages fall apart. With God all things are possible and marriage and families are very important to Him. He just wants a relationship with you and wants to be part of your family. I've seen marriages turned around because of God. But, I've also seen alot of heartache and pain because of sin!

I'm not about to say that my marriage is perfect or that I am the perfect parent! It is trial and error. But, I am saying that I put God first ahead of everything else and I know that if I mess up, I've got Him on my side to help me clean up the mess! Can you say that? I hope so.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old,
he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6

No comments: