I just had to share a touching moment for me (as a mother) that happened this morning. Lily woke up and met me in the kitchen while I was fixing their breakfast.
She said "Mama, you know that money that we got from the church?". (Someone gave her and Matthew $5 each on Pastor's Appreciation Day at church a couple weeks ago.)
I said, "Yes".
She said, "Well, I want to give that money to the people in Haiti".
I was surprised so I asked, "Are you sure?".
Her response to me was "Yeah, they need it more than me".
So ofcourse I told her that she could and that I was VERY proud of her! I told Matthew what she said while they were eating breakfast and he said, "Yeah Mama, I want to do that too!".
They have been taking up money at school, so I put the money in a plastic bag and marked what it was for and sent it with them to school. I am a very proud Mama and I just wanted to share!
2 comments:
Tell Lily & Matthew
I am proud of them.
Love Always,
April
Wow.... I know you were proud! You have taught her well!
I have had to make my blog "private" and need your email a so I can "invite" you. I probably have it, but... anyway, if you'll email me I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Post a Comment