Faith is only a 5 letter word, but it is such a BIG word! Faith is one of the hardest things for a human being to practice. Some people naturally seem to have more faith than others. Some tend to worry more than others. There have been times in my life that I have had to practice a lot of faith! Right now is one of those times. It's hard to have faith that God will provide when 3/4 of your steady income has been removed from the equation. But, as always, God is providing in numerous and unexpected ways! Are we struggling financially? Yes, but we will be alright. Are we stressed and worried at times? Of course! We wouldn't be human if we didn't. But, In God's word, you know The Holy Bible? It says this:
Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
God has gotten us through worse than this, and I know He will now! How do I know?
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Matthew 6:33-34
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:63
There are many, many more scriptures that tell us not to worry and to have faith. God will take care of you. You may not have everything you want, but you will have everything you need if you will just trust Him! That's all He wants us to do, just trust Him. If I don't trust Him, then I am basically am saying that He can't take care of me. And if I don't think that He can take care of me then I am basically saying that He's not God. I love the words to this song that The Sammy Glass Family sings:
The Lord can do anything, anything but fail.
The Lord can do anything, anything but fail.
Anything but fail!
And I will leave you with two of my favorite verses of scripture:
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13
No comments:
Post a Comment