We have had Vacation Bible School this week. It has been a fun week, but it has also been a trying week. We've had some obstacles to overcome. I won't go into detail on certain situations but I can share a couple of them with you. Our VBS director actually had to teach the PreK/Kindergarten class. Which, if you have ever been a VBS director or taught a class you know how hard that would be. We only had 4 teachers and each class had about 15-20 kids (the younger classes had more than 1 teacher though.) Yesterday afternoon we had a situation that kept my husband from making it back in time for VBS. He teaches the teenage class. So, I had to teach both his class and my class for Bible study. I don't mind doing that, I just hope and pray that the teenagers got something out of the lesson! Another lady was able to help get my class to all of their activities and everything turned out just fine.
The reason my husband had to miss VBS was because yesterday afternoon we noticed that my son, Matthew's left side of his face was swollen. We got him in with the doctor that afternoon. They had to send him to the hospital for a CT scan. What they found was that he had inflammation of the left parotid gland. This sounds bad, but it was actually good news compared to what they originally thought it might be. With antibiotics, warm compression and fluids, it should be okay. We still don't know what caused it.
Before VBS last night I prayed about several things. I prayed for Matthew, I prayed that the night would go well with all of the changes that we are having to make at the last minute and I prayed that we would all be able to keep a good attitude. We got good news about Matthew, the night did go well, and everyone seemed to have a good time.
I have had several children that I have seen the Lord dealing with this week during VBS. Anytime you are moving forward for the Lord and the Lord is working, you'd better believe Satan is doing his best to mess that up! I heard a Pastor on the radio recently say that when the Devil is on your back, you must be doing something right! I can boldly say that I KNOW that God is working at Little Rock Baptist Church and our VBS! I've had a couple of children talk to me about salvation and a few others that I could see were paying close attention! We can choose to let Satan win by being disappointed in the problems that we've had this week or we can REJOICE in the knowledge that God is working in the lives of our children and He is using US! How awesome is that?!
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Ephesians 6:10-18
No comments:
Post a Comment