Daddy,
I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday today. I know that you are in Heaven and I pray that Jesus will give you my message. This year you would be 56 years old and this is your 6th birthday that you have celebrated in Heaven. Although we greatly miss you here on earth, I know that you are having the time of your life! You would be so proud of your grandchildren. They are all growing up so fast! Matthew and Lily are learning to play the piano. Matthew was playing "How Great Thou Art" this morning and I know you would have loved that! He gets some of that talent from you. Lily is an outside country girl! (Kinda like another little girl we know once upon a time who would rather be in woods with her Daddy than anywhere else!) She and Bryan remind me of you and I when I was little. You taught me so much!
You taught me not to be afraid of anything (or atleast you tried to teach me that!)
You taught me to always stand up for what I believe in.
You taught me to stand up to bullies (pick up something and throw it, HA) (Derek didn't really appreciate that one! LOL)
You taught me to fish, hunt and fight!
You taught me to just be myself.
You taught me to love with all that I have in me.
And the most important thing you taught me was that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and that He is the only way to Heaven. If not for the foundation that you and Mama laid out for me I would not be saved and on my way to Heaven today!
So Happy Birthday Daddy, I miss you and I wouldn't trade the time
I had with you for anything else in the world!

No comments:
Post a Comment